Carpal tunnel is a narrow passageway in your wrist through which your median nerve and some tendons of hand pass through. If because of any reason there is a pressure on your nerve, you could start feeling numbness, tingling, pain and weakness in your hand and forearm.
If you have pain in your jaw with movements of jaw like eating, yawing or regardless of movements; you should consult a physiotherapist who specializes in treating Jaw or TMJ.
Your jaw is a Hinge joint that allows movements side to side, forward- backward and opening-closing. For normal function of jaw, one should have good mobility and good muscle flexibility. But sometimes stiffness, muscle tension, bad posture, degeneration of joint surfaces because of multiple causes can affect the function of jaw and cause jaw pain.
Low Back Injuries are one of the most common injuries seen by Physiotherapists around the world. Physiotherapists help their patients by:
- Completing an assessment to find the problem areas
- Forming a treatment plan and discussing it with the patient to decide short and long term goals
- Implementing the treatment plan which can include hands-on techniques like joint mobilization, soft tissue release; stretching techniques, therapeutic exercises, use of physiotherapy modalities, education
- Teaching self-management strategies in chronic pain
- Teaching correct Lifting techniques (which is one of the common causes of back injury)
- Guiding patients in proper back support braces (if necessary)